Saturday 9 April 2016

Keepsake circles



These cardboard discs make lovely gifts and they can be personalised in any way you like. They are made by drawing and cutting out a circle from a piece of cardboard [I always use recycled and Amazon boxes are particularly good quality]. Next, find some decorative paper to cover the front, here you see I have used the page from a book. Pages are one of my favourite backings but I only ever cut them from books that are broken or already have pages missing. Then decorate with any motifs or words you like! I also cover the reverse of the disc with a plain buff, cream or white paper so a message can be written on it. Or, you can decorate the reverse with another design. Sometimes I use a glitter glue around the edge, but you don't have to. Then a hole needs to be punched in the top so you can thread some ribbon or string through it. 
 

These make great greetings cards and Christmas tree decorations. If you are giving one as a gift, a really nice touch is to give it in hand made envelope. One of my favourite materials for making envelopes is to use the reverse sides of old office envelopes. They have such interesting designs but tend to be very stark and bright so before I make the envelope, I stain the paper in a little warm black coffee and let it dry. I have made so many of these over the years and they always sold well at craft fairs, especially at Christmas time.

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment